- Please be alert to suspicious activity and don’t hesitate to call 911 to report it.
- Never leave your home or personal property unsecured. Always lock all doors and windows when you leave your home. Always keep your garage secured and locked.
- If you have an alarm system, please activate it while you’re not home.
- Alert your neighbors and homeowners association to the problem and be sure to watch out for each other. Remember, the majority of burglars who are caught in the act are so because a neighbor reported seeing something suspicious.
- Call 911 to report suspicious activity. This includes strangers walking down the street or vehicles lingering in the area with occupants that are unfamiliar to you.
Daylight is the prevalent time for residential burglaries because the expectation is that homeowners will be at work. Residents are asked to call 911 to report any suspicious activity.
What you can do:
- Do NOT enter – the individual(s) may still be inside
- Use a neighbor’s phone/ cell phone to immediately call 911 before anyone else
- Do NOT touch anything or clean-up until police respond and process the scene for evidence
- Record the make, model and license plate of any suspicious vehicles in the area
- Note the descriptions of any suspicious persons in the area
If you are the victim of a burglary or arrive home to find an open door or window, please follow these tips:
Anyone with information regarding any crime is asked to contact the
Franklin Park Police at (412) 473-3056 or (412) 364-1227.